1) Where is the starting location?
Our schedule for the year is available here on our website. Walkers meet at the main parking area for the location listed.
2) Does the walk start promptly at 7 am?
We gather at 7 am. Most walks depart the starting point by 7:10 at the latest and usually return to that location by 8:30 am.
3) Do I need to be especially fit?
The walks are suitable for different fitness levels and everyone walks at their own pace. There are cut off points to shorten the route for those who find 3-5 miles too long. There are no stops along the route for water, so we suggest you bring along a sports bottle.
4) Do I need to be a member?
You do not need to be a member to walk with the Walking Club of Bermuda. If you find you would like to join us regularly, your support is appreciated. Membership dues are usually $50 per year but have been reduced to $30 in 2021. Donations are always appreciated to offset the cost of refreshments and if you walk with us regularly we recommend a $5 per month donation towards purchase of refreshments.
If you wish to register as a member and receive our weekly email please complete the Membership Registration Form.
5) Is this a cultural tour?
No, the Walking Club of Bermuda is an exercise club and not a walking historical or cultural tour of the island. Many Walking Club members have unique knowledge about Bermuda and you may learn a thing or two depending on who you walk along with!
6) Are there refreshments?
In light of the current environment we have stopped offering water and juice at the end of our walks. Please bring your own refreshments.
7) What should I wear?
Bermuda weather is unpredictable. You may want to wear layers depending on the forecast and the temperature. Good walking or running shoes are recommended for footwear.
8) Should I be aware of specific measures in light of the current health situation?
Health and safety measures in light of the COVID-19 pandemic (as at May 9, 2021):
- We ask that walkers prepare to join the circle (of no more than 10 people) on arrival, whether that is at 6:55am, 7am or 7:05am. The route details will be given, and you will be asked to start.
- Social distancing: please continue to keep the 6ft distances between other walkers.
- Juice: we ask that walkers provide their own water/drink.
- Masks: Masks are needed for the opening circle. You are encouraged, but not required, to wear masks while walking.
- Feeling unwell: If you feel unwell, we ask that you do not join us for a walk at this time.
- If you have recently returned to the island and have not been vaccinated, we ask that you have received 3 negative tests before joining us for a Sunday walk.
- If you have recently returned to the island and have been vaccinated, we ask that you have received 2 negative tests before joining us for a Sunday walk.
For updates and announcements follow us on our social media accounts:
- Walking Club of Bermuda Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BermudaWalkingClub/
- Walking Club of Bermuda Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BermudaWalkingClub/
- Instagram: @WalkingClubofBermuda